The Tridentine Mass Society of Madison seeks choral mezzo-sopranos, altos, tenors, and basses for this year’s Pontifical Requiem Mass at the Throne, to be offered by Bishop Robert C. Morlino on the evening of Thursday, November 2.
Prospective singers should possess:
- a blending voice;
- familiarity with ecclesiastical Latin/modern Italian pronunciation (training will be provided);
- basic ability to sight-read modern music notation;
- means of getting to/from rehearsals and Mass.
Familiarity with the Traditional Latin Mass is helpful but not required.
Rehearsal audio for personal study is available.
The sacred polyphony to be sung for this Mass includes:
- Missa pro defunctis a 4, Paolo Isnardi (c.1536–1596)
- Introit: Requiem aeternam
- Sequence: Dies irae
- Offertory: Domine Iesu Christe
- Agnus Dei
- Communion: Lux aeterna
- De profundis, Estêvão Lopes Morago (c. 1575–c. 1630)
- Peccantem me quotidie, Cristóbal de Morales (c. 1500–1553)
Sheet music will be provided at the Sept. 21 rehearsal.
Six rehearsals will be held on consecutive Thursday evenings from 6:00–7:30 PM in South Madison:
- September 21
- September 28
- October 5
- October 12
- October 19
- October 26
For more information or to volunteer please contact Aristotle A. Esguerra, TMSM Music [email@example.com].